A few weeks back my man & I took a trip across the border to meet up with my sis & her boyf in the Emerald City. Seattle is such a great city and it definitely met my foreign city criteria: shopping, art, food and coffee. Tick tick tick & tick. This is what followed..
Entries in Travel (16)
As I’ve been clocking some serious air miles lately I thought it would high time (*pun pun pun*) that I put together a travel guide. Here’s a simple checklist to get you from A to B in the most comfortable and stylish of ways.
- Book your flights. There are some super discount flights at Cheap Flights. I wish I could afford to fly Business class only but until then I’d rather go budget on the airline tickets and spend it on clothes instead!
- Dress for comfort. A simple jersey tee, woolen sweater, boyfriend jeans paired with Nike Free’s are my go-to flying outfit. Don’t forget an oversized scarf - perfect as it doubles as an eye mask.
- Mini suitcase. I only started using a carry-on suitcase last year and boy does it make your life easier. Pack your noise cancelling head phones, laptop, reading & makeup case full of face spray, lip balm, moisturiser & more.
- Get to the airport nice and early. There’s nothing worse than stressing out and running around the airport. Gives you more time for duty free shopping ;).
- Be the last to get on the plane. I’m not saying you should hold up the plane but the less time on board, the better!
- Keep your fluids up. Buy the biggest water bottle available after clearing security/customs. Then just ask the flight attendant to fill it up.
- Time change. Adjust your watch to your arrival destination time. This helps me minimise and sometimes even avoid jetlag.
- Comfort is key. Change into some super comfy track pants and get ready to kick back.
- Voila you’re at your location – how quick was that!? x Sharday
Wow what a whirlwind trip! It all started with a 20+ hr journey to Melbourne for my best friends wedding and 10 days with my fam. Then back on the 16hr flight to LA to enjoy 2 nights with Gabby (my LA woman). We had such a great time eating at LA's best restaurants: Urth Caffe for breakfast, lunch at the Ivy and dinner at Izakaya.. hello big fat food belly! The non-alcoholic and healthy detox starts today ;). x Sharday
Humanoid jacket / Aritzia 'Brooklyn' tee / Zara brocade pants / Gorman sandals
P.s. Yes I realise the stupidity of me wearing a 'BROOKLYN' tee in Hollywood. I just wanted to rep USA all the way ;)
P.s. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin
I have been loving my time in Vancouver so far. Although it's pretty damn chilly, I have been keeping warm by sipping Thomas Haas' uber hot chocolates, ice skating (see how I accessorised my beanie to the skates.. so clever :P ) and also taking strolls around the park. I was also offered a retail job yesterday at an amazing boutique called Aritzia. They stock Marc Jacobs, J Brand, Current/Elliot etc and the list goes on. Can't wait to start next week xx Sharday
There is a reason for my poor blogging skills these past few weeks. My man & I are packing up our entire lives are moving to Vancouver, Canada today! He has been offered an amazing job & I'll be going along for the ride.. blogging all the way. Can't wait to share this exciting adventure with you all x Sharday
I had such a great trip to China (and Shanghai in particular) that I can't wait to go back! Everything is just so cool, crazy, excessive and chic in Shanghai that I could totally imagine myself living there. Some of the highlights were the Yuyuan gardens, drinks at The Pennisula rooftop bar, soup dumplings, The French Concession and exploring the shops at Plaza 66 (a la Celine, Chanel, Maison LV). xx Sharday
In two weeks time I'll be on a plane to China! I'm visiting Shanghai, Guangzhou & Guiyang. Can't wait to shop up a storm and eat like a pig! Any travel tips would be greatly appreciated xx Sharday
Photos: The Clothes Whisperer & Chanel
I'm so excited to share another travel video with you, from my trip to Israel in March/April. Israel is such a magnificient country which really has to be seen to be believed. The food, fashion, people and nature really are a treat! Enjoy xx Sharday
P.s. Thanks to my amazing boyfriend for putting this together.. uber talented!